I FINALLY got our quilt together! Well the top and back side are sewn, now I just have to get it basted and off to the Queen Bee Quilt Shop to get machine quilted and then I’ll have to put the binding on.. OK OK so I have a lot to do yet, but it at least looks like something now!!
There’s a story behind this quilt I guess.. I had debated a long time on what pattern to do, what colors to do, etc. I had loved the grey and yellow color scheme that I had seen on Pinterest (of course), but decided that repainting my entire bedroom really didn’t sound that appealing. Three walls are a lighter blue, and I have a dark brown accent wall. I ended up with blues, greens and greys for my fabric, so eventually I might paint my brown wall grey to go with my new colors, but that’ll be way down the road. I also have an upholstered headboard that could be redone if needed, but turns out I think it will work ok! I might replace the buttons with a little more pazzazy ones, but we’ll see. Anyhoo, the conclusion came down to that I needed to do two different patterns so it’s reversible. For none other reason than I could decide and I get bored easily.. 🙂
You’ll have to excuse the poor quality of the photos, I couldn’t wait until the morning to take the photos.
This is the main side of the quilt. I had seen this pattern on a quilt at Macys and really liked it, but I added a second pattern area up by the pillows, which you can’t really see in the picture very well.
This is the “backside”.. Ryan informed me that he actually likes this side better, so who knows, maybe this will become the main side.. I guess it’s a little more doggy proof than the white. 🙂
Another view of the back side.
Anyways, that’s it, can’t wait to get it finished up and actually use it!